- What: “302 Day,” a celebration of all things Delaware hosted by two Sussex County brands
- When: Saturday, March 5, from 12-6 p.m.
- Where: Dogfish Head Tasting Room & Kitchen (6 Cannery Village Center, Milton, DE 19968)
On Saturday, March 5, from 12-6 p.m., Dogfish Head and KAM Productions will host “302 Day,” an off-centered celebration of the slight but mighty state of Delaware. Stop by Dogfish Head’s Tasting Room & Kitchen in Milton for an afternoon chock-full of family-friendly* fun, from food and drink specials, and KAM Productions’ iconic 302 Horseshoe Crabswag, to live music, DJs and lawn games, there will be something for everyone to enjoy.
“We first created our 302 Horseshoe Crab design in 2016 to celebrate the only area code for Delaware and the state marine animal, the horseshoe crab. Then in 2018, we wanted to get together with friends and family to celebrate all things Delaware and started the official 302 Day event,” said Keith Mosher, Artist and Owner of KAM Productions. Keith’s wife and co-owner Karlin Maull adds, “We are excited to be partnering with Dogfish Head this year, one of Delaware’s most iconic brands with deep roots in the 302. Their team’s enthusiasm has really helped grow the event, and their focus on giving back to the community pairs perfectly with our vision for the day, too.”
Eats, Treats & Drinks:
Come hungry and come thirsty! Inside Dogfish Head’s Tasting Room & Kitchen, folks will find all the brewery’s usual menu items, draft beers, keg-conditioned cocktails, hand-crafted pizzas and more. Outside on the “Grassy Knoll,” the brewery will serve a slew of specials, including brats, house-made chowder and pickles. Fifer Orchards will also be on-site with their famous apple cider donuts and kettle corn.
To wash down those bites, Dogfish Head will be on stand-by with its most Delaware-centric drinks:
- Blood Orange & Mango Vodka Crush (7.0% ABV) – Light, refreshing and bursting with juicy flavor, Blood Orange & Mango Vodka Crush begins with Dogfish Head Distilling Co.vodka distilled with real blood oranges and mangos and blends it with “crushed” orange and mango juices, and a hint of citrus.
- Lemon & Lime Gin Crush (7.0% ABV) – A real palate-cleansing refresher, Lemon & Lime Gin Crush is built upon Dogfish Head Distilling Co.’s bright and citrusy gin blended with freshly “crushed” lemon and lime juices, and a touch of basil for a deliciously citrusy and herbaceous sipper that will leave the drinker wanting more.
- Blue Hen Pilsner (4.8% ABV) – Blue Hen Pilsner is a crisp and refreshing pilsner brewed with only four ingredients – water, yeast, earthy Saaz hops, and Delaware-grown and malted barley. Giving a loving nod to Dogfish Head’s home state, the beer’s label features the Delaware state bird and a color palette similar to that of the Delaware state flag.
Live Music & Entertainment:
For guests’ listening pleasures, Homestead Bluegrass will rock-out on the Grassy Knoll from 2-5 p.m. A traditional bluegrass band based in Sussex County, Homestead Bluegrass is known for covering a wide range of old school bluegrass, country and classic rock tunes. After their set, folks are invited inside the Tasting Room, where DJ Droid will be spinning vinyl melodies from 5-7 p.m.
Also on the Grassy Knoll, Dogfish Head will have a plethora of yard games, like cornhole, available to play. Families and friends can challenge one another to a round of their choice … winner gets ultimate bragging rights!
Merchandise & Swag:
Of course, a celebration of the First State would be nothing without some fan-favorite 302 Horseshoe Crab swag – enter KAM Productions. Donning hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts and more, KAM Productions has it all! During the event, they will not only debut a lineup of new products and co-branded merch, but they will run a special liquidation sale on select apparel.
“It has been great getting to know Keith and Karlin over the years – they embody the creative entrepreneurial spirit that has always inspired us here at Dogfish Head and we are very excited to continue growing our collaborative work with them at this awesome event,” said Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head Brewer & Founder.
But that’s not all! Event attendees will have multiple chances to enter contests and win prizes throughout the day. First, folks are encouraged to show off their Diamond State pride by dressing up in their most Delaware-centric gear. All participants will be entered in a costume contest for a shot to win a special prize from Dogfish Head and KAM Productions.
Dogfish Head and KAM Productions will also host an onsite raffle, including two sets of custom cornhole boards. All proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Friends of Delaware State Parks, who will have representatives on-site with information about the organization’s latest initiatives, as well as selling annual Delaware State Park passes.
*Bring ‘em all! This is a family- and dog-friendly event.