7th Annual OCtoberfest – Here are some good reasons to buy your tickets!
This year’s Shore Craft Beer Fest during Octoberfest in Ocean City will return to our original format with each brewery and vendor setting up tents throughout Sunset Park and in the lot next door (and towards the inlet.). We will have 13+ breweries and over 35 different beers. The festival will run from 12:30 – 4:30 for ticket holders, with the first hour being reserved for VIPs. The rain date is Sunday, the 24th. Johnny Bling is playing throughout the festival and you will have vendor tents to visit as you sip your unlimited samples of craft beer, Hoop Tea, and even hard seltzer.
More breweries and details will be added to our ShoreCraftBeerFest.com page and you can buy tickets here.
Several hotels in Ocean City have given us discounted hotel rooms that include your tickets to the festival. Check out the hotel packages to save some money and create the perfect beercation for the October 22 – 24th weekend.
BOOK YOUR HOTEL PACKAGE NOW TO SAVE $
Details – 2021’s OCtoberfest Shore Craft Beer Fest!
The first 1200 people checked into the festival will get a coupon for a commemorative glass pint. This year’s sponsor for the glasses is Shenanigan’s Irish Pub on the Boardwalk at 4th Street. The glasses are actually glass so we are giving you a coupon that you will redeem for your pint glass when you leave. You will get a plastic cup by Bank of Ocean City when you arrive to use throughout the event. Because the number is limited, we recommend you be there on time to try to ensure that you will get a glass.
CHECK-IN LOCATION/FESTIVAL AREA:
- The check-in tables are in front of Sunset Park.
- You will have to come into the festival area through this entrance on the street side of Sunset Park to get your wrist bands, glasses, t-shirts, and Limited Release Can Cruise tickets.
- The lot just to the south of Sunset Park is also part of the festival. You can enter this area either through the walkway by the street or on the boardwalk behind the band by the water. Feel free to walk up to the band area on the left as you face the stage and go through the gate there to get to the other side of the festival grounds. This is also the way you will want to go to catch your LIMITED CAN CRUISES. There are only 7 cruises available starting at 1 pm and running through 4. Buy your tickets here.
IDs: PLEASE BRING A VALID ID IF YOU WANT TO SAMPLE BEER. We have guards who will check your ID as you enter the park.
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION:
- The OC public bus runs up and down Coastal Highway and can pick you up from anywhere in OC and then drop you off at the station directly across the street from Sunset Park for a minimal fee. We recommend taking the bus so you don’t have to drive. If you do choose to drive and park, there is the Worcester Street lot. There is also the OCDC lot. Both are paid and close to the festival area. The inlet lot is a little farther away, also paid. There is limited street parking as well, some paid and some free. Be sure to check the signs.
- We will begin processing you at noon so you can be in the park and ready to start tasting our 35+ beers immediately. We have asked the brewers to bring an additional VIP sixtel of a special beer. We will pour these for the VIPs and when that beer is gone, it’s gone. This beer is just one more good reason to be a VIP.
- The others reasons to buy VIP tickets are
- You get an extra hour to taste beer. 12:30 – 1:30 is just for VIPs.
- Tickets for VIPs are limited to 400 so you won’t be crowed as you go from brewery to brewery and food truck to vendor.
- You get a VIP t-shirt.
- We will give you a ticket with your shirt size on it as you check-in. Please take it to the booth behind the entrance tables to the left (as you face the water) and pick up your t-shirt if you care about your sizes. We order shirts based on the spread of sizes already requested by VIP ticket purchasers. Obviously, not everybody has purchased their tickets when we have to order the shirts. If you care about your sizes, please pick up your shirts as you enter. We have unisex sized shirts from Small to 3XL. Since we did not offer 3XL on the site, you may want to request that size as you check in.
- We will begin processing General Admission ticket holders AT 1:15. Please do not get in line with the VIPs before 1:15. We will not let you into the festival and we will not check you in. We will work diligently to get you all into the festival quickly at 1:15, however. We are trying to protect the time for the VIPs who paid for that extra hour. If you want to upgrade to VIP, we may have a few upgrades for $15, but we are almost sold out of VIP tickets.
- At this point, there aren’t any DDs since we are allowing children and others into the park. You just can’t drink beer, but water and sodas will be for sale in the park at the OCDC tent and at the food trucks.
FOOD & DRINKS:
- We have 2 food trucks so far with a couple more possibly attending: Street Kitchen and Pirates Cove Oysters. They are both geared up for 1500 people so it should work smoothly. We also have some snacks for sale at the water/soda tent near the band and several vendors have food in the park or in the lot next door.
- We have soda and water for sale for ticket holders and children.
- There are two distinct areas of the festival. (Again)
- Sunset Park with the stage, music, restrooms, and a couple of extra porta-potties. There is a dock behind the stage where you can listen to music and enjoy the bay view. There will be 11 breweries, mostly local Shore breweries, and vendors.
- The Lot will have mostly western shore breweries, vendors and more porta-potties. This is the only area with cigar vendors and smoking. YOU CANNOT SMOKE IN SUNSET PARK.
- We have 13+ breweries with all kinds of exciting beer options. You get unlimited tastes. Some of the breweries have only 1 sixtel of different styles of beer, while others have half barrels or multiple sixtels of the same beer. We have a list of all the beers online. When we update the information, the page will be published here: https://shorecraftbeer.
com/festival-beers/ No brewery will serve more than 3 beers at a time so when one style runs out, we will back it up with another. We will make sure to tell you how much of each beer is available so you can plan your circuit according to the beers you most want to sample.
- Most of the Shore breweries will be in Sunset Park.
- Most of the western shore breweries will be in the lot south of the park.
- We will publish a list of all the vendors with their locations on the Shore Craft Beer App.
- Please download the App so you can get the most out of your experience at the festival.
- We will have vendors set up on both sides of the festival area. Please stop and shop!
- Johnny Bling will play on the stage by the water in Sunset Park though-out the festival.
LIMITED CAN RELEASE CRUISES:
- The OC Bay Hopper is again partnering with us to offer Shore Craft Beer Cruises throughout the festival. We have 7 cruises starting at 1 pm and running each half hour throughout the festival. You can buy your tickets here. You can buy tickets for the non-drinking members of your group. The cost is the same as it is for those who want a special beer, however.
- A special canned beer will be given to each rider – who is of age, of course – on the cruises. Non-drinkers can still buy tickets for the cruise.
- When you enter the park, we will check your festival tickets ONLY.
- We will scan your cruise ticket on the dock on the water side of the south lot (and behind the stage.) You will need to be on the dock 5 MINUTES BEFORE DEPARTURE so the boat won’t leave without you. You will return after a 20-25 minute cruise. You will get a beer on the cruise that is different from all the other beers being served throughout the festival.
- If the tickets aren’t all pre-sold, then you will be able to get tickets at the dock for a cruise.
- We will let you know when you check in if there are any seats available.
We certainly hope you decide to join us for the 7th Annual Shore Craft Beer OCtoberfest event.